Mom Must Haves… A Suprise and the Truth About Social Media
The truth about motherhood is its hard, really hard. We work all day, with little to show for our labor, get paid nothing, and go to sleep exhausted, only to wake up and do it again, and again, and again… Then there is a little thing in our parenting age called social media. Social media is no longer social. Its a consumer driven market. You are either two types of people on social media; a producer or a consumer. A producer produces quality content for consumers with the intention of selling a product to them. I use it a little to showcase my work, I am proud of what I create for my clients and I am more proud when I get to show off their artwork choices they have chosen for their homes. It’s my own little brag book. My followers get to see past work I have done and make a decision if I would be their photographer based on past work. However, I am also a consumer. I find products on Instagram that I normally would not see and I want them. This is called coveting folks and it’s not good. You can find yourself down a pretty large rabbit hole wanting; things, someone else’s life, house, family the list goes on. Companies love this low cost marketing (my major in college) tool because it works. But, taken too far it can make life miserable for all consumers. Here are some mom must haves to unplug and have resulted in an all around happier life;
- leave the phone alone (just walk away, turn the ringer on so you won’t miss a call or text)
- play with your kids, be silly and laugh a lot
- clean up your house (it sounds terrible, but I get so much relaxation after a productive day of cleaning and keeps me busy not looking at social media)
- plan activities for you and your kids
- take a bath with Herbivore Soaking Salts, its a splurge but a nice bath once a week will make you feel so renewed, and the epson salt base makes tired muscles feel so good!
- I do this almost every night after a shower, mix 1 drop of lavender essential oil with 2 drops peppermint essential oil into unscented body lotion, rub it all over especially neck, back, and feet it is AMAZING! I am not a fan of essential oils but this really makes me relax and sleep so well.